Research, policies and innovative education
May 22nd to 26th 2017
Welcome to the XV edition of the Summer School in Health Promotion, an annual event in which the following universities currently participate:
- University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences Tilburg, Netherlands
- HOWEST University of West Flanders; Bruges, Belgium
- Esslingen University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- University of the Balearic Islands, Spain
- Hannover University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Germany (Guest University)
The 2017 edition will take place in the UIB, organized as previous editions by the Faculty of Nursing and Physiotherapy. During the week, different sessions will take place as keynote presentations, platform presentations and posters, as well as researchers meetings, seminars, field visits and workshops. Some of those are available only for a limited number of participants while other sessions are open to everyone interested.
What is the International Summer School?
The International Summer School is an academic and scientific event in which a limited group of students, teachers and researchers from different universities conduct presentations, workshops and field visits with the involvement of all participants. The theme of this 2017 edition is “Health Promotion in all environments: Research, policies and innovative education”.
On the occasion of the commemoration of its XV Anniversary, this edition will count with poster presentations regarding research projects in health promotion and additionally, some conferences will be open to collaborating entities.
- Environments for health and Urban Health
- Socio-epidemiological findings, programs, projects, activities in the areas of health promotion in different environments: cities, rural areas, workplace, universities/ schools, Primary Health Centers /hospitals, among others
- Reducing Health Inequalities: Strategies, Programs, Projects, Activities
- “Health for All” – “Health in All” strategies
- Health promotion, health education and prevention.
- City governance and health
- Innovative teaching methods in health promotion
- Managing Diversity in Health Promotion and Health Institutions
- International Perspectives and Diversity in Public Health/Global Health
- The Role of Health Professionals in Health Promotion
Venue: Universitat de les Illes Balears
Pictures from previous editions
The XV International Summer School is sponsored by the following institutions:
- Palma bus information: lines, timetables and fares
- Tourist Information Offices
- Practical information
- Visiting Palma in 48 hours
- Serra de Tramuntana, UNESCO World Heritage status
- University of the Balearic Island’s website
- Faculty of Nursing and Physiotherapy at Universitat de les Illes Balears
- Palma’s Metro Website
- Palma’s Bus Website
TOURS if spending the weekend in Mallorca
Here you can download the full programme: XV INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL Final Programme